Marketing and Communications Manager
|Department||Marketing and Communications|
|Job Type||1-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent|
|Reports To||President and CEO|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Marketing & Communications Manager (M&C Manager) is responsible for the development and implementation of a marketing and communications strategy for CALA Inc. This includes managing the market research process, developing the evolving CALA brand and the subsequent marketing and communications activities and programs to promote CALA programs and services in a timely fashion. This includes the Accreditation and Training lines of business and membership. The M&C Manager is also the lead for internal communications and provides Marketing and Communications support to Proficiency Testing Canada (PTC).
Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Brand Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications Program
- Principle developer of all marketing collateral and messaging
- Oversee e-newsletter, social media program, presentation materials, annual report, and occasional in-house video production
- Collaborate with website development
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- University or college degree (Post-secondary education in marketing and /or communications).
- 5-8 years (minimum) marketing and communications experience in progressively senior roles
- Understanding of communications, media, market demographics, marketing and branding disciplines, including theories, practices, technologies and cost models
- Superior communication, organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to work well under pressure within a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage several projects at once
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Superior communication skills (written and oral), persuasive and able to succinctly communicate ideas
- Self-starter who works independently with initiative and self-managed deadlines
- Strong customer focus
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Can-do, positive attitude and team orientation
- Ability to plan events including their management and execution
- Working knowledge of CRM databases, Web site content management tools, social media monitoring platforms
- Experience in the Not-for-Profit sector and bilingualism are considered as assets
Interested in applying?
Job posting expires on December 17, 2021. Note that this posting may be removed earlier than the posted date depending on the number of applicants received.
CALA welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.Apply Now