|Job Type||Full-Time, Permanent (Due to COVID-19, this position is temporarily a remote work position)|
|Reports To||Accreditation Manager|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
CALA has an immediate opening for an Accreditation Officer (AO).
Reporting to the Accreditation Manager, the AO is responsible for the processing and review of applications for accreditation, monitoring and providing guidance to laboratory as they progress through the accreditation cycle, leading assessments and managing both the process and personnel involved in assessments, surveillance, and reassessments, amongst other duties.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from a recognised university in a field of study related to the duties of the position. A minimum of five years of laboratory experience in a laboratory accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories (hereafter ISO/IEC 17025). Knowledge of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard and hands on experience in meeting the requirements of the standard are essential. Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17011 – Requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies and hands on experience in meeting the requirements of the standard are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and review applications for accreditation.
- Ensure conformance with the technical requirements of the accreditation program and ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- Communicate well with stakeholders (both verbal and written).
- Provide guidance to customers on CALA’s accreditation process and accreditation.
- Monitor laboratory progress through the accreditation cycle.
- Ability to organize and lead assessments. Manage both the process and personnel involved in the assessment, surveillance, and reassessment of laboratories.
- Provide technical content of procedures, processes, etc.
- Investigating and reporting on complaints about the program and its delivery.
- Able to multi-task, mediate conflict, and problem-solve.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from a recognized university in science, engineering, or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in an accredited laboratory or certification body environment.
- Experience conducting or leading internal or external audits/assessments.
- Able to evaluate the appropriateness of outcomes as compared to requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk-based assessment principles.
- Ability to resolve difficult situations through negotiation and facilitation.
- Ability to work in teams and lead groups.
- Ability to apply and implement national and international conformity assessment criteria and information.
- Ability to apply and implement quality management principles in the conformity assessment context.
- Ability to understand the principles behind common analytical methods and processes used in testing laboratories.
- Knowledge of general regulatory requirements related to testing laboratories.
- Able and willing to travel (domestic and international) periodically.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Note: Meeting the Asset Qualifications is not essential for a candidate to be considered for the Accreditation Officer position but candidates who do meet the qualifications for the position and asset qualifications may be preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17011 Conformity assessment – Requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies.
- Formal training as a Lead assessor.
- Bilingual (English-French).
Interested in applying?
Job posting expires on November 5, 2021. Note that this posting may be removed earlier than the posted date depending on the number of applicants received.
CALA welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.Apply Now